Sunday, January 20, 2013

Intro

Hello there,

The name is Olove and I thought I'd start a blog about my wedding planning journey to serve as something fun to look back to later down the road. I've had a blog before when the hype started, but had long stopped when life started to get busier and I simply got lazy. Hah. In the mean time, I think I will start by recalling and tracking back to the engagement and a little bit about my love and I to get up to date with this blog. :)

My fiance (FI) Nathan and I became "official" Sept. 7, 2009. Funny, I told him as we were playing w/ our new phones the other night, that if he waited two more days to accidentally slip the words "I love you", our official date would've been 9/9/09. Heheh. But that's the story of us.  We plan things for each other, but as w/ many plans, they never turn out the way we want it to be.  It works out for us anyway  since it makes things funner and we don't get up tight when a situation gets out of our hands. hehe. :D We call them "adventures!" Believe me, we've got plenty of them too. hehe

Just like our engagement for instance.  See, I've always known that he and I will eventually get married even before we became a couple, but of course, I never said anything to not make things awkward. lol. The first time we talked about the "M" word, he got all kinds of crazy and it was actually fun to mess with him.  It was the time when I pretended I knew how to tongue talk and he got all up and arms since he's not a religious person and he said that if my beliefs were that intense, he wouldn't want to bring up his kids that way. Then he goes to awkwardly say "it's not like it's with you or anything..." referring to the kids. Hah.

Then one day,  I shared w/ him the convo I had w/ my sister. About how my dad felt about me spending majority of my time w/ him etc.  As I was telling him this story, I apparenlty subconciously said "I don't mind marrying you." Hah. He said on the phone "Ugh..Ok, I have to get back to work now." Hah. The next day, he said "I think I'm going to write you a letter." I told him that it's nothing for him to worry since it was a situation that I just have to talk out w/ my father. That evening, I asked him if he wanted to talk about it. He said maybe later. Then, as we cuddled before going to sleep, he asked me when he knew he was going to marry me. He said it was during our Hawaii trip March 2011. When we island hopped to Maui. We were at the end of our roadtrip at Road to Hana when we stumbled on The Seven Sacred Pool. To make a long story short, we decided that we were going to hike the long trip even when we were losing daylight. After all, when were we going to be there. As we were losing daylight and feeling like the trail was neverending, we were getting comments from folks to just go back or if we had a flashlight. Even to rush. As we made it to the end to see the majestic fall, we took quick photos and rushed out of there.



He then realized that he should've just proposed then by the fall since though everyone was so negative about our hike in the dark, we still got through it together just like he realized we would in our lives all together. :) I then shared my story to him and said I've always known right from the start. We were hanging out talking the night away at his place one time and when he got up to use the restroom and came back, he noticed my hairtie next to me. He picked it up and inserted it to my left outreached hand. And as he did this action, I had this sudden revelation that one day, I'll be marrying this man. Lol. Crazy, I know. I didn't tell him then of course. I didn't want to scare the man..ahaha

We then hugged tightly that night and I thought maybe he'll propose that night, but he was just in thinking mode and breathing deeply. So I thought since we'll be going on our first cruise for my GF Kristin's wedding, maybe he'd do it then. But after he hugged me tightly, he muttered, "Will you marry me?" I said a quick yes and started crying into his chest. After a few seconds, he said " Can you say your answer one more time?" and I thought that's sweet, but then he continued and said "because I didn't hear your answer the first time" hahah. <333



No comments:

Post a Comment