Saturday, January 26, 2013

Passport Invitations

We finally got our passport invites out!!!! :)  My fiance and I have been working with my cousin who has a small letter press business with his wife and it was fantastic working with them. We came out with about 8 drafts in the end because not only can I be a perfectionist sometimes, but also, towards the end, when I shared what I thought was a final draft to my parents, my dad who's also an artist gave some good criticisms. Lol.

 I was a little annoyed at the idea of having to bug my cousin again since we've done so much changes and revisions, but I thought that my dad sees through an artist lense and I appreciated that he wanted to help. I obviously care about my parent's opinions hence I showed them the last drafts lol. And I felt like that was one of his ways of at least contributing his part for the wedding in which I was grateful for. In the end, the invitations came out beautifully.

We started assembling them with my bridesmaids on Thursday night at one of my bridesmaid's home. We brought pizza, breadsticks and chicken wings for everyone to show our appreciation lol. That night, we got majority of them assembled until we ran out of the red ribbons. hah. Then the rest of the shorter ribbons were just placed on heads or hair to tie.


On Friday night, the FI and I stayed up really late placing the map envelope liners and getting some of the labels put together. Hah. It worked out since we also got all the liners glued in place.

 It was A LOT of work, but we got through it! And I'm so lucky to have a partner that's there to help me out even if it felt like a second "job" to him. hahah
This is him taking a break at 1 am. Kawawa pants. lol.

This morning, Saturday, we woke up really early to place labels, assemble, seal and place the seal wax on the invites that needed to be shipped out. We were informed that postage is going up as of Monday and wanted to at least get out  the ones that needed to be shipped to save hehe :)  We finished it all with 30 minutes to spare and headed out to the post office that closed at 1pm. hah.

We celebrated our success by going to a near by Mediterranean restaurant called Petra Restaurant.  We were going to the Italian restaurant we usually go to, but didn't realize they were only open for dinner. It was a really great find for us though since we love Greek food and it was a family owned restaurant that's really good too! Small place, but the owner/chef who also served us made our overall celebration wonderful with in house humms and baklava! Yum!









No comments:

Post a Comment